I made this video a few years ago for a Facebook group of ladies, but I decided to upload it here.
Have you ever wondered if there were a 100% natural way to dye your hair red, brown, or black? Permanently??? Well, there is!
I’ve been dying my hair red and brown with henna for over ten years. (To dye hair brown, add coffee to the henna.) A few years ago, I discovered a two step method to dye my hair black with henna and indigo. I’ve learned a lot from trial and error, so I thought I’d make a video so you can learn without having to figure out the best method! It’s chemical free, completely permanent, and WAY cheaper than any other dye method out there!
Summary (for red or brown):
1. mix your henna paste. (For brown hair, add coffee.) Let it sit overnight or for at least six hours. Eight to ten is better.
2. Apply to your hair. Let it sit for at least six hours. (You can wrap your head and sleep on it.)
3. Wash out the henna.
For black hair:
1. Follow the above steps (without the coffee!!!).
2. After you wash the henna out, do NOT add shampoo, conditioner, or styling products.
3. Mix your indigo paste. Wait 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Apply it immediately after 15-20 minutes.
5. Let it sit for at least six hours. (You can wrap your hair and sleep on it.)
6. Wash it out. Condition. Style as you normally would.
Purchase Henna and Indigo on eBay or Amazon. It’s cheaper to buy bigger bags (500g or more) at a time. (Don’t buy it from Wholefoods or other natural stores, because they jack up the price.) Search for “Henna powder 500g” and/or “Indigo powder 500g.”
Too busy? Try these methods:
Day off – Mix your henna the night before. Wake up, wash your hair and add the henna. Let it dry during the day. Wash it out that evening and apply the indigo. Wrap your hair and sleep on it. Wash it out the next morning.
No Day off? – Mix your henna paste in the morning before work. Go to work. Apply the paste after work. Wrap your hair and sleep on it. Wash it out the next morning. DO NOT APPLY ANY PRODUCTS! (Wear a hat or a ponytail to work). After work, mix your indigo paste, wet your hair, and apply the paste. Wrap your hair and sleep on it. Wash it out the next morning.
(VIPkid teacher hint: Student parents LOVE redheads. Why not dye your hair red to get more bookings?! Even your hair can be VIPkid orange!) 😉